Homeschooling:
"You're BRAVER than you believe,
STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."
-A.A Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Friday, August 13, 2010

How do I organize my workplace with all paper involved activities?

I love creating new activities for my baby Eaton. I schedule one day in a week to search Internet for ideas that I can implement not even at this moment in life but in the future. Eaton is growing so fast and I need to be proactive and more organized. 

Some of my paper activities include very small pieces. For a long time I didn't know how to storage them properly in order to be able to have quick look at them and pick them up whenever I wanted. Until I found that simple idea.

Yes, this is a simple folder, the thickness folder I found in a store.

Very sturdy to hold all these papers in one place. Each activity is in a separate sheet protector. I have 2 folders so far. One for a math that includes: numbers, counting, patterns etc.. The other one I created for language: alphabet, phonics, sentences etc.


It is very easy to grab an activity you want to present to a baby.

Other idea I found extremely helpful is a storage pocket chart.


If I have a project that I still need some part to it I put it on the top of the Pocket Chart. The lowest pocket includes activity I'm currently working on. Previously, my ideas where piled together on my desk. There were many times I couldn't find the one I wanted to work on or I simply missed the activity to prepare because my baby was already doing it with ease. These ideas work extremely goof for me and they make my life easier and more neat :) 



Educational CD's organizer is another idea I want to share with you.
.
I include many educational videos with my teaching (Montessori, Your baby can Read, Spanish videos etc). In the last 2 years I bought quite a few of them. Some videos are still too advanced for Eaton to see but I already have them in place. 

This organizer I bought in Target for about $30. It holds 100 videos. It allows me to put aside all video cases away, deep in a closet and save a lot of place in our TV stand. The organizer has separators on which you can write down names of video series you have. That makes searching  easier  and with no effort.

Just want to share.

Enjoy your day!




3 comments:

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

You have very good tools helping you be organized - I love a 3 ring binder! And your wall hanging pockets looks great - I need to get one of those lol!!

Thanks for sharing!
Courtney

Toni said...

The hanging pocket charts are available in the dollar section of Target right now.
Blessings,
Toni

Our Family said...

I'm going to have to go get some of those pocket charts! :)
Jessica