Homeschooling:
"You're BRAVER than you believe,
STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."
-A.A Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Monday, August 9, 2010

Pre-writing activity

Yesterday was my cleaning day. When I was dusting shelves Eaton came to me with one peg in his hand and pointed to a peg game. He wanted to show me something. He mastered peg activity which I introduced to him about 4 months ago. This peg activity is a game called "Elimination" I bought in ACE hardware store for $1.49. Pegs are really tiny. They have different colors and numbers written on a wooden board.  I was watching some pre-writing activities on Internet and I concluded that babies love to play with small parts. All manufacturing companies of baby toys warn us about small parts that are dangerous and we should wait until baby is older. But the fact is babies love them.They want to play with them whenever they can. I introduced small parts to Eaton pretty early.Probably when he was about 10 months old. Although I always was caution and never left them around the baby without attention. When Eaton was 15 months he stopped putting stuff  in his mouth. That's where peg activity came very handy. Here is the video of that activity.



I plan to put away that activity and change it to a new more advanced one.


I found few links of similar peg game on amazon.

2 comments:

Karmeleon said...

What is that pegboard? I've never seen it before? Is it a toy or something else?

Marta said...

It's a game. I included 2 links in my post to peg games I found on internet :) These pegs are much smaller than peg toys they sell for kids. That's why I bought it :)