Homeschooling:
"You're BRAVER than you believe,
STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."
-A.A Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Friday, October 15, 2010

Preschool Matching activity

I found that activity very appealing to my baby. He loves to match words or sentences to the specific picture. He is so engaged in doing that. He always finishes those activities and I love preparing them for him.

Montessori For Everyone is a great website providing many free activities. I found that one under their free section http://www.montessoriforeveryone.com/assets/PDF/Picture_Sentence_Matching.pdf

I prepared file folder game from these pictures.

 Like you can see I like to give Eaton activities in that format. 
Here is a video of Eaton doing that activity by himself. I just help him to get a clue how to do activity but I see that my help is sometimes not necessary. 
Have a great day everyone!!

7 comments:

Olives and Pickles said...

Great way to keep your folder stuff organized!Thank you.

Karmeleon said...

Do you get to move the pictures around though? Or did you already paste them onto the folder?

I tried this with my son earlier today, and when I did it the 2nd time, he seemed to be looking for the pictures in the places that they were earlier. HAHA .... thought he could have an easy job, I guess. He ended up having to look all over the board for the picture again. I place the pictures at random on a non-slip mat instead. And to organise, I use CD file holders - the pictures in the pocket on 1 side and the words in the pocket on the other side. ;-) Maybe it's not easily imagined.

Marta said...

Karmeleon,
I glued these pictures for easier work. Eaton is just 21 months and work can be still messy. But I guess I would use velcro for them. Great idea with mixing pictures from time to time.
I have more than 50 different file folders and I try not to give Eaton the same folder for few days (not to bore him) so I hope he doesn't remember where the specific picture is ;-)

Karmeleon said...

haha - I did it a 2nd time yesterday, only bc I wanted to show his Dad the activity.

I do think he has quite an instant memory.

Ewa said...

Hi Marta,
I'm curious how many file folder games do you present to Eaton weekly. Are they any way connected to other activities you peform during a day? I mean is there any leading theme? Ewa

Marta said...

Ewa,
It's a great question because this is the time when I actually think about themes for my baby. I will answer your question in next post as I want to explain more about themes and my way of teaching Eaton.
Thank you
Marta

reei said...

thanks marta. printed out and cutting the photos right now. thanks for the great tips.