We will be gone for few days during Thanksgiving time. I will not have a time to prepare anything new so I did that today.
I focused on shapes, tracing alphabet letters, puzzles and counting as I see that Eaton started to show interest in counting again. I'm really glad about this. Recently I mentioned in my comments that Eaton rejected BrillKids Math so seeing him counting everything around him made me totally happy.
1) About 2 weeks ago I was working with Eaton on Same/Different; finding pairs activities. We did matching game when he specified that something looked the same and I was glad he expressed that.
Here is the video:
After that, I realized he didn't quite understand the word "different" and when I presented him some cards to identify a different picture he couldn't do it. I created a book that made it easier to see the different picture. Eaton loves " I spy ...." types books, so I created one for him.
Link to my book https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B_sGk1snprQtMzIzYWE4ZjEtMmIxZi00ODQxLTljYzctNmQ2YjM5OTIwMDRh&hl=en: (you need to print out pictures from the website provided below
Once I shown to him this book he immediately pointed to a picture that was different than others.
I will be presenting him other "same/different" cards from: http://prekinders.com/visual-printables/
Eaton loves any kind of transportation so these cards will be a hit! Eaton will need to put green marble on the picture that is different
2) Animals: looking for pairs using the "same and different" words.
3) Tracing alphabet letters: Capital and lower case from the paid membership http://www.k-3teacherresources.com/alphabet_practice.html.I know there are other websites that have that kind of worksheets available for free.
Update: I found that alphabet tracing activity. I downloaded that and now I can' t find the source. There is no website name mentioned in the worksheet so I hope it doesn't have any restrictions about distribution.
4) Eaton loves to play with shapes and this train was so visible that I couldn't resist and I included that activity for him. Matching shapes. There are 2 sheets of activities for each shape. I present Eaton only one sheet of each shape per day. http://kizclub.com/shapes.htm
5) Because Eaton started to count and asks for some activities I will show him "How many bears book" from http://www.childcareland.com/
4) http://www.childcareland.com/ the same website for different counting activity. Putting pom-poms on circles with tweezers.
5) Besides that I printed out a lot of activities from http://kizclub.com/animals.htm. I love them all because they match activities for science I was working on today. Beside these activities are short, simple and most important Eaton enjoys doing them.
These activities require hand coordination and they are good for drawing simple lines or circles.
6) Eaton progressed to 12 piece puzzle about 2 weeks ago. I bought new transportation puzzle he enjoys a lot.
7) I bought these puzzles at Ross for $4. This is great activity that includes many worksheets that teach a baby different kind of shapes. They also show that smaller shape can create bigger different shapes. They also include some tangram activities. http://www.tlji.com/gppy-shapeshuffle.html This company provide great products. I have few of them and I highly recommend them.
I have few other activities I was working with Eaton for the last 2 weeks but I will write about them in next post.