Homeschooling:
"You're BRAVER than you believe,
STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."
-A.A Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Friday, December 31, 2010

Art:Painting time

Together with Eaton we attend preschool twice a week. Eaton had a chance to have some painting time but it never was  a good quality time spent in front of an easel. A lot of kids interrupt, too many colors are introduced that Eaton was just painting quick and with no deep exploration or he was playing with just a paint in a cup.

Susan Striker in her book : Young At Art talks about how to discover appreciation for Art.

When Eaton received that awesome easel from his Grandma Sue he had a chance for the first time to really discover what it means in home environment.

The first day Eaton spent about 35 minutes with a blue paint and just few simple tools.



The next day Eaton spent more than 45 minutes painting. He had  quality time in front of his easel with his paint. He was quiet and very engaged in his work. I guess, separated time far away from other kids was the best environment for his painting.

Tools I was using:
Accessory The good thing about painting cups from that company is that you can close them and use the paint the next time so nothing is wasted.

I'm glad that Eaton enjoys painting. He was really good scribbling with his crayons when he was 1 year old and I didn't want him to stop there.

Susan Striker, the author of the "Anti-Coloring Book" series provides all kinds of tips and methods for appreciation of art for toddlers. You can find a lot of information about drawing, painting, printing, sculpture and other concepts for your baby.

It's really a good book you will enjoy reading and will give you tips how to start art with your baby even if you don't know anything about it. (That is my case ;-))




1 comment:

Ewa said...

Hi, I love your blog and I think you really deserve an award which is waiting for you at my blog! I am so happy I found you! Ewa http://przygodazmetodglennadomana.blogspot.com/2011/01/moja-pierwsza-nagroda-my-very-first.html