Homeschooling:
"You're BRAVER than you believe,
STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."
-A.A Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Sunday, January 23, 2011

What's on our preschool shelf?-Part II-Montessori Cylinders

I said I will be updating this section, but I forgot about it. So I'm doing this now.


Montessori Mini Cylinders I purchased few months ago. Since then Eaton plays with them from time to time. I took these videos few days ago, when he was playing with toys from our shelves.


It's not a perfect Montessori presentation but Eaton is working towards that :)


You can read about cylinders presentation on this website Cylinders Blocks

I own bigger version of cylinders block and Eaton plays with them as well.
The first time I presented these cylinders to Eaton was about 10 months ago, when he was 14 months old.


1) One type of cylinder set at one time.





2) Two cylinders sets at one time:


2 comments:

ruamulla said...

Dear Marta.
where di u buy the Montessori Mini Cylinders from ???They are super expensive here in Riyadh so i will ask my sister to get it with her when she comes back from USA :-)

Marta said...

Rua,
I bought them here: http://www.montessoriequipment.com/Mini-Knobbed-Cylinders-Set-of-4-p/s.016.2.htm