Homeschooling:
"You're BRAVER than you believe,
STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."
-A.A Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Place Value

I planned to introduce Place Value later on, after we finish Ten/Teen curriculum, but Eaton saw that beautiful yellow set of manipulative  on the higher shelf and I couldn't resist showing him that. (Plastic Base Ten Number Concepts Set)






Few days ago I put a Place Value poster on our board for Eaton to read (Montessori Print Shop). That board was a hit! I can't even say how many times he looks at it and reads everything that is on it. Because our focus for the next week is Math I added some flashcards with mathematical words from here. When we do some mathematical equations from MathStart I always use words from the board pointing to them. Very effective method!





Eaton is such a good student and he learns so quickly. It's just a pleasure to do anything with him :-), especially when I see that big smile on his face when he learns something new.

Here is Eaton working with the yellow cubes.



Have a great day everyone!



1 comment:

RaisingEthan's mom said...

He is just so cute! I just wanna give him a hug :)