Homeschooling:
"You're BRAVER than you believe,
STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."
-A.A Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Sunday, April 17, 2011

North America Flags

We are a little bit behind with our teaching lessons. We still are on North America continent/geography and learning about flags of each continent. Eaton doesn't like the Montessori presentation of 3 part cards. I think that this method is good for older kids but not a toddler. What I did is that I wrote down the name of each country at the back of each card and I was showing them to Eaton in the form of flashcards. Then, we had a game in the form of questions. This way is the best way Eaton absorbs all knowledge and then participate in answering my questions.





Keep your lessons short!

1 comment:

Bri @ intrepidinsight said...

Haha. He's so cute! Love little baby voices!

Josiah doesn't like flash cards, so we use just the control card for 3 Part Cards. I leave them out on his shelves. We'll go through about five or more sets in a row that way. He hands them to me and tells me what it is if he knows. If not, I tell him. That's how he prefers it. He isn't too big into matching yet, so using all the 3 Part Cards is out of the question! Kids are funny with their little personalities and preferences.