Homeschooling:
"You're BRAVER than you believe,
STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."
-A.A Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Monday, May 30, 2011

Insects And Exoskeletons

We still continue to learn about insects as Eaton asks for it all the time. Last week we visited local Kona library and they had new series of DVD's available for rent  "Bill NYE The Science Guy". I looked at titles and I chosen the video "Insects" for Eaton to watch. I wasn't sure if that DVD would be too advance for him. But after watching it few times in the last week I could say it was a perfect moment.


Few days ago Eaton came to me when I was feeding Nathaniel. He brought a truck with him that had this awesome cover. He took the cover off and he said it's an exoskeleton.
I was so amazed by that. I thought he would not understand that idea. But Bill in "Insects" movie compares exoskeleton to an airplane, and Eaton did similar thing.


Amazing!! We continue watching Bill's movies. 

This is an example of how exoskeleton looks like. 
The discarded exoskeleton of a dragonfly- nymph




Here is Eaton watching that video:






3 comments:

Ewa said...

It's amazing how focus he is watching the movie ;-) It's unbelievable that kids can make such abstract analogies.
Warm Hugs
Ewa

Ewa said...

Marto
W podziękowaniu za Twoje fantastyczne pomysły edukacyjne postanowiłam przekazać Ci kolejną nagrodę, którą znajdziesz tutaj :
http://wczesnaedukacjaantkaikuby.blogspot.com/2011/06/tu-blog-me-encanta-nagroda-dla-bloga.html

Marta said...

No i jak mam Tobie podziekowac za tak mila nagrode? Wasza rodzinka jest zawsze na topie jesli chodzi o blogi, ktore czytam. Dziekuje i sciskam, XOXOXO!!!