Homeschooling:
"You're BRAVER than you believe,
STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."
-A.A Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Logical Toys

What is logic? Briefly speaking, we might define logic as a study of the principles of correct reasoning. The term "logic" came from the Greek word logos, which is sometimes translated as "reason", "rule", "sentence" and " ratio". 


Not so long ago my husband asked me if I plan to teach Eaton logic. My answer was "Of course".  Then, I asked myself when and how to start teaching logic. 
I started my search on the internet for some logical toys at educational sites for kids. I found few toys I really liked and I purchased them as I thought that Eaton would be old enough to understand them.


This is one of the logical toys we really like.
Before the video I asked Eaton to put all green in the first raw, then yellow and red after that.


The toy comes with few boards with dots on them to follow. For now Eaton likes when I direct the activity. 
Here is the link to purchase this item.

Other logical toys you can find here.













9 comments:

Bri @ intrepidinsight said...

These are pretty cool puzzles! I am working on creating a series of sudoku puzzles (velcro activities) that get increasingly harder for Josiah. I'm gonna start with just two blanks on a 4X4 square and move up from there. Interested? I can send you the first one if you like!

Bri

Marta said...

Bri,
I'm very interested how that Sudoku would look like. Please, send me the first one.
Thank you
Marta

Ruzzel said...

Hi Marta,

Happy Mother's Day!

Ruzzel

Marta said...

Ruzzel,
Thank you
Happy Mother's Day to you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marta- I'm love reading your blog and all of your brilliant ideas! I've also been looking into cognitive developing toys... Where did you purchase the one in the video from? And do you recommend any others? Thanks- Anna

Anonymous said...

Hi marta

May i know where u purchased the board game shown in the video.

Thanks
Arvi

Marta said...

Anna, Arvi,
I updated my post with the link to this wooden pattern board.

http://montessori-n-such.com/detail.aspx?ID=1237

I plan to purchase more as Eaton progresses. For now I just search internet and make some list for the future. Maybe I can share the list with you Anna when it's done :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Marta!
Anna

rua said...

found some thing like those logical board in saudi. Yaaaay
http://www.edufunworld.com/productDetails.php?proID=89
this logic idea is great
thank you marta for opening my eyes for ideas regarding logic toys.