Homeschooling:
"You're BRAVER than you believe,
STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."
-A.A Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Friday, July 1, 2011

Lack of shelves for your books? I have a quick solution

I can't believe that we are out of place for our books. We moved to cozy place and we have limited wall space for shelves. Our school is in a living room area where there are 8 windows all together. Hawaii is so sunny and I love that sunshine coming through windows, but that is the reason we are out of wall space. I've started to put some books in front of a shelf for display, but those books covered other  already on a shelf.
Yesterday, when I was shopping at Office Max I found quick solution: Rubber band



There are bigger sizes Stretchable Bands I used to put around some furniture.

Here is my solution



Eaton loves that idea too. He stretches rubber band and puts books back in a place. You can put some fabric around it to make it look nicer!
I'm just happy I found a solution. It certainly does it's job and Eaton enjoys that too.
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Bri @ intrepidinsight said...

hahaha. This is too cute! You are so funny! I love this idea!

Marta said...

you are the only one who likes that idea :) besides me, of course ;-)haha

Anonymous said...

thankx Marta for sharing your ideas. I am really curious to see your activities with the little one. Did you began LR or Doman with him? Thanks again!

Marta said...

Anonymous,
Please, check my other blog with Nathaniel. http://earlylearning-nathaniel.blogspot.com/
I will be updating that blog with more activities soon.
Thank you
Marta