Homeschooling:
"You're BRAVER than you believe,
STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."
-A.A Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Friday, February 24, 2012

Sorting Coins

I tried to show Eaton this simple activity many times in the past but he didn't seem interested at all. What I love about our relationship that he simply tells me what he likes or not, or if he wants to play with something or not. I guess sometimes I read his mind. Whenever I presented him this sheet he started to be very lethargic...and his posture and body was telling me OOO NO, he doesn't want to do that. And I respected that, I put it away and I try to find something else instead. 


This time I showed him this sheet with coins because last few weeks he played with money a lot. He counted them, sorted them, moved them around, played with tracks that dumped them from one place to another.
I was happy seeing him working nicely when on the other side of the table Nathaniel was putting coins into piggy bank. It was beautiful view to see these two guys respecting each other's place and work. It was the first time that happened. I hope to see it more often. I know Nathaniel was really engage in his activity as he loves the sound of coins being dropped into metal teddy bear.






Eaton had a little hard time to distinguish a quarter from a nickel so we worked on that. Next step will be to work on reverse and obverse sides of coins.

I found few very interesting money activities I can't wait to start with Eaton:)

No comments: