Homeschooling:
"You're BRAVER than you believe,
STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."
-A.A Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Friday, March 2, 2012

Daily Worksheets

Daily Worksheets folder has been in our school area for a long time. We started using that method when Eaton was about 26 months or so.
 I decided to use that method in order to see what Eaton wants to do that day. If that was a math, language or something else. I put maximum 10 pages of worksheets of different topics every day. Most of the time they are related to the subject I want to teach in particular week.

There are thousands of free worksheets on Internet. Just browse Google "worksheets for kids" and go to images. I'm sure you will find something interesting for your kid as well.


I also tear pages from books and put them in the plastic cover for protection. This way I can use it with my younger one later on.
Here are some pictures of what I used previously with Eaton:


On the first page I always put pages from Flash Forward Reading book I posted previously.
Those worksheets that required writing something down I changed to 3 years old kid friendly versions using velcro. 

  
Some Polish language pages.






Whenever I see something interesting on a Web I print that out immediately, and put it in my designated folder, so I have it available anytime.




Websites I recently visited are:
Kids Learning Station
Prek-8
Tons of free stuff for joyful learning!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Waterdreamer said...

This is something I've been doing with Wesley as well. I put between 5-10 worksheets(depending if he has an evening tutor or not) and have him worth through them. I had so many worksheets printed I knew I had to get him to start using them because a) they were very useful and b) it's wasteful to have them printed and not use them. I use to do dry erase markers, but as he gets older I'm realizing it's important for him to have that pencil and paper feel.

Marta said...

Monique,
Totally agree about importance of using pencil on a paper. Right now he switches from tracing on laminating paper to regular paper pretty easy, but the first time he did that he didn't like it at all!!