Homeschooling:
"You're BRAVER than you believe,
STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."
-A.A Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Richard Scarry's Books

Little I knew when I visited thrift store more than a year ago and I bought this book.

Thirft store had a great deal 25 cents for this book. Although condition wasn't appealing and there were few pages missing but I didn't see it. That was time in my life when I just went to the store with used books, had few minutes and run out, so I didn't see that there were few pages missing. But really, there are so many pages and so much information that Eaton didn't see the difference.



The reason I bought this one was that the whole book was about transportation. I didn't count them, but there probably are more than 100 cars. All those cool names and pictures. It is so much fun to read them! Other, very cool activity in this book is that on each page there is a Goldbug you need to find. It's not easy to do it between all these amazing cars. And.. Goldbug is very tiny creature ;-)
I didn't know that  Richard Scarry is a known author of books for kids. One day I saw a post of a blogging mom mentioning that book and I started to pay attention to that author. Eaton started to love this used book to the point that he wanted me to read it ALL the time. When I saw another book of that author in Borders I purchased it and after that I did buy all other books as well. And one with activities..




Here are some pages from these books. I want to emphasize the amount of knowledge you can find in these pictures. There are so much to talk about!

 I was so happy when I was searching Internet for some Chinese books I found this one!! Eaton already had a great time with Yan reading it. But I will post about Chinese books another time.

No comments: