Homeschooling:
"You're BRAVER than you believe,
STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."
-A.A Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Friday, May 18, 2012

Pastels

For our art lesson I found great website with pastel tutorial. I found it so helpful and informative that I decided to try pastels with my Eaton. I purchased small box of soft pastels in Walmart and later  afternoon we had some project done. 
I didn't prepare any famous artist's picture because I wanted Eaton to experience pastels first by himself without any forced subject. There were instances when Eaton told me that he doesn't know how to draw certain things when I presented a picture. I thought that pastels would be very easy to use and I was right this time;-) 
I wanted to show Eaton how to use pastels, how easy it is to create different shades and not to worry about lines and details but he didn't really waited. He grabbed pastels and started to draw.

there is our house, sprinklers, grass, ocean, sun...


 Eaton surprised me when he grabbed black and white colors and said: "Let's check what color we can get from these 2 colors". We did review of secondary colors because it is so easy to do that with pastels.
 At the end Eaton brought his mini spaceship and he was playing with that over his art.

That was not enough for boys. They decided to paint.
 For Nathaniel that was all about texture of paint.
 and body painting :)


 Eaton was working on how to use paint spray I prepare for him.


 That was productive artistic day and I think they both enjoyed doing that.






No comments: