Homeschooling:
"You're BRAVER than you believe,
STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."
-A.A Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Manners

I would like to mention two books that had great influence and gave solid base for teaching good manners. 
The first book Eaton received last Christmas as a present when he turned 3 years from his lovely aunt and uncle from Chicago.
The book is called "Manners" published by Little Lessons. This is very beautiful book and very simple that shows the meaning of good manners.


Here are all pages from that book. I took pictures of all the pages as that book had the strongest influence on Eaton.












I remember when one day Eaton asked me: "Mommy, is eating chocolate good manners?" I realized I can use that book to teach Eaton good behavior. Reading books like that became great tool for teaching Eaton proper behavior for any occasion.


This is another book I need to mention "No hitting". Actually Eaton picked that up from local Kailua-Kona library we attend every 3 weeks. I took some pictures from that book but you can look at some of the pages on Amazon site as well.
This book was extended 3 times from the library because Eaton kept asking to keep it. So we did:) One day Eaton sang a song about hitting his brother!! Yeah, it wasn't a song about not to hit his little brother!!! Pretty weird don't you think? ;-)That book had positive effect anyway.


I think that those easy to read books are one of the best way to teach your kid proper manners. I always mention them when Eaton doesn't behave good toward his brother.


                           










I'm thinking to get some books that will introduce good behavior in library and restaurants as we visit these places pretty often.

4 comments:

wkropka von BILDschön said...

wow! these are so simple and beautiful!

pozdrowienia
wkropka

Marta said...

Yes, they are. I see that Eaton likes to read simple books about certain topics pertaining behaviors, feelings, emotions..etc..
pozdrawiam serdecznie :)

rua mulla said...

Dear Marta,
Rkan is visiting spain with his father next week, i was looking for a mini book or printable about spain's flag, language,food,culture and land marks for them to spot and discuss while they are there. do u know of any website where i can get it from??? it has to be printable .
thank you

Marta said...

Rua,
I couldn't respond earlier than now and now is probably too late anyway. I wouldn't suggest anything printable about Spain because I didn't find anything from sites I use. The only way would be to prepare a book by yourself with interesting facts about Spain found on Internet.

Sorry for that. I hope your Rkhan has a bless in Spain!
Marta