Homeschooling:
"You're BRAVER than you believe,
STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."
-A.A Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Friday, October 26, 2012

Tangram

Yesterday, I introduced Chinese Tangram to Eaton. He wasn't interested in them previously so I didn't expect too much this time. When Eaton saw all these 7 pieces on the floor and the sample of the shape he needed to construct, he started to work. But instead of putting them flat on the floor he tried to stuck them up (spatial vision). When I explained to him that he needs to put them flat on the floor he lost interest. 
At the end I was surprised when Eaton put all these pieces together back to a square in a very quick time. Actually, it took me more time to put these pieces back to a square than it took Eaton for the first time. oo wow.. ;-) should I give up my early learning because of that;-) He already corrects my English pronunciation!! He tells me what the DNA abbreviation stands for -Deoxyribonucleic Acid- Did you know that? I think that VSL learns way too quick for me;-) 
Anyway, here is Eaton and tangram puzzle. 


Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Pentla said...

he he, jeszcze parę lat i zamienicie się miejscami - Eaton będzie uczył Ciebie :-)))

Marta said...

Pentla,
Ja bym byla wdzieczna gdyby za te kilka lat uczyl sie calkowicie sam hahaha a mnie zostawil lekko na uboczu. Chyba ku temu idzie. Tylko ze on lubi filozofowac i pytac why why why i chyba nikt z domownikow temu nie umknie:;-)
Pozrdawiam
Marta

Olives and Pickles said...

So nice to see pictures of your boys and let me tell you he does much better than I do with tangrams : )

Marta said...

Olives and Pickles,
I never had a chance to play with Tangrams when I was a kid so at least Eaton will try it :)

wkropka von BILDschön said...

u nas kroluje ukladanie tangramu z powrotem do pudelka, naszych sie nie da ukladac przestrzennie, bo sa bardzo plaskie ;) wiec mamy chyba wersje "auditory-sequential" ;)

wkropka

Marta said...

wkropka,
Ja mam rowniez papierowe tangram, ale za te to nie ma mowy aby Eaton sie zabral :) wiesz ten VSL staje sie wybredny ;-)
Marta