Homeschooling:
"You're BRAVER than you believe,
STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."
-A.A Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Monday, December 10, 2012

Montessori Sand Tray

Last 2 weeks is all about writing letters on sand. Montessori Sand idea is very appealing to young kids. Eaton loves doing that now. Because Nathaniel is always around I put some salt into another tray just for him. Eaton started to draw printed letters too. I never gave him printed letters to trace before but he had plenty visual stimulation from books.
I don't correct him with drawing, I want him to explore and see his mistakes by himself.



It's all about shaking that tray! (I need to change a tray as this bump is coming out all the time that leaves the empty spot in the middle of the tray).
                                                         






5 comments:

Galit Milo said...

Hi Marta, your boys are soooooo cute!!
I love the salt tray - what a wonderful idea.

Marta said...

Galit Milo,
Thank you. Little Nathaniel learns so quick from older brother :) I saw other ideas like using flour but salt has very similar texture to the sand. I planned to use wooden box painted with a black chalk and using salt on it but Nathan wanted to use a tray that day so that was just a one min idea:)
Thank you for stopping by :)
Marta

coscik said...

Marta szczęśliwego i zdrowego Nowego Roku 2013 ;)
pozdrówki

Marta said...

Dziekuje serdecznie! I Wam zycze Szczesliwego 2013 Roku no i oczywiscie szczesliwych latek po nim:)
Marta z rodzinka:)

Bev said...

Thank you
I enjoyed watching and learning for my grandchildren.
Bev