"All I have learned, I learned from books."
- Abraham Lincoln

Friday, January 17, 2014

Lego Eiffel Tower

When I saw this post from Homegrown Learners website I couldn't wait to give that activity to Eaton. I wasn't sure if he will be interested at this point but I gave it a try. I did print out only 2 landmarks for Eaton at this point. Eifel Tower was my first choice.
When I shown Eaton that picture and ask if he wants to create it using Lego there were 30 seconds moment of silent. He was looking at this picture and I assume he already started to visualize how he can do it. After about half of the minute I asked him again. He said yes. 
 He went to Lego table and started to build. He asked me not to look. I sat down close to him. I was separating Lego pieces and Eaton was building Eifel Tower. It was great 40 minutes to watch him being so focus on the project. I really love that part of him. 
At certain point his Eifel Tower wasn't strong enough, it was collapsing each time he wanted to put pieces on top of it. I thought he would get frustrated and walk away. I did offer my help that was rejected immediately;-) He did work on it for a little bit longer and said proudly that he figure it out. OOO how much Eaton was proud of himself when he was done. He loved that project and said he want's more. We have enough Legos, so why not:)


Daddy was proud of his son's work :)
That was very creative day.

4 comments:

Swathi said...

Wow Eaton, Way to go..gr8 job Martha.Proud mama moment.

Marta said...

How are you Swathi, didn't hear from you for a while? How is your early education going? We do enjoy every moment,slowly but still achieving progress:)

Catarina said...

Hello, congratulations for Eaton!
"Un grand bravo pour la construction de sa Tour Eiffel".

I live in France with my 2 daughters and my husband. Olivia 5 years old and Amandine 14 months.
Since I have my second Child, I follow your blog. I love to see you and your Child on Youtube.
Your boys are very andsom.
I'm doing Glenn Doman method with Amandine : Little reader, little musician, american sign language with baby signing Time. And soon We will start with Your baby can read as Well.

Your blog is very inspiring to me.
I hope reading from you soon.
Cati

Marta said...

Catarina, Thank you for such nice words. I'm glad you found my blog interesting and inspiring. I would love to post more but time is very limited these days. Thanks for stopping by :)