"All I have learned, I learned from books."
- Abraham Lincoln

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Amazing Places-Journey Around the World

For our geography time we started to read "Children's Encyclopedia- Amazing Places". I've created that project some time ago but I didn't introduce it until now, because it seemed that Eaton wasn't interested in geography when we tried to watch short documentary movies about places around the wolrd. I guess this type of learning is not appealing to him yet. But when I shown him the encyclopedia of amazing places he was drawn to it right away. 



Here is the example page from the inside of the Encyclopedia
I prepared mini cards with names and pictures of all places from encyclopedia. When we read the informational page of one place we glue the picture on  the map and mark the place on the specific continent. Then, Eaton draws the line using a ruler. Recently he started to draw line by hand.He says it's more fun this way. I think the best fun part of this game is to find a picture of specific place, glue and mark it on the map. Great hands on activity. It works for my boy.

It is fun to watch Eaton showing his map to anyone who visit our house. He is so proud of it.

Visual Spatial Learners love maps




1 comment:

Lady Lilith said...

It is so nice to see his excitement. I am sure he love geography.