Homeschooling:
"You're BRAVER than you believe,
STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."
-A.A Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Montessori Color Grading Activities

We have 2 kinds of Montessori Color Grading Activities. One is printable version from Montessori Print Shop, the second wooden version you can see at the end of this post. 

I purchased these cards few years ago when I was waiting for the original Montessori wooden version. There is nothing like presenting beautiful product made of wood :) But printable version was used many, many times as well. 

This time, for Nathaniel I tried to create different version when you put all the colors around yellow foam. 

Nathaniel wasn't interested in that. It was too many cards for him, so I asked Eaton to present that to Nathaniel. He watched the whole time and at the end Nathaniel helped Eaton to put all the cards back on a tray. He was engaged into putting all the cards together with a paperclip. (I need to come up with new activity for him involving paperclips!)

I like to observe boys and see what they like, why and where their current focus is. Nathaniel didn't want to be involved into long activity. He is good observer so I know he got a lot from it anyway.










This wooden version is very much liked by Nathaniel. He always finishes the whole set in one sitting. 
I love that set as well. It is one of the best Montessori materials I purchased so far. 

No comments: