Homeschooling:
"You're BRAVER than you believe,
STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."
-A.A Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Monday, August 17, 2015

Is your child Visual Spatial?

How Homeschooling Saved a Visual Spatial Learner

I found a website, Visual -Spatial Resource, that provided me with tons of encouragement.
Read more ...

I'm not sure how I missed that valuable article about Visual Spatial children. Or, maybe it is the right time for me as I wasn't fully sure about homeschooling in 2012. 

My older boy Eaton-(6 years old now) is VS and I love to see contrast between him and his younger brother Nathaniel (4) who is step-by-step learner.

This article tells everything what I could say about Eaton. I do feel better after reading that homeschooling helped them through the learning process. I wouldn't be in the position to send my son to school. The way he learns wouldn't be accepted by teachers and I know now that our home is the solution for him.

Here is very short video of Eaton doing his Language Art lesson on the computer.
How relaxed he is..


There is one thing in this article, which doesn't apply to my son.

'Visual Spatial have difficulty learning to read, spell, and write."

Since Eaton was born he was read TONS of books. I thought him how to read through Doman method when he was 13 months old. At this moment (he is 6) he is an excellent reader, amazing speller (better than me!) and he starts taking writing lessons.
Is that Doman method worked on him once you start early? I truly believe so.

2 comments:

Rua said...

what program is he using here !

Marta Wilson said...

Rua,
It's Gifted and Talented math program